Friday, August 24, 2012

A New Sign

 
 
All my friends know that I have gypsy blood and have moved all my life.  I have never in my whole life lived in any house as long as the one we just sold.  We lived in this in Sun City Center, Florida home for six years.  Recently, I was reminded by dear friends that lived two doors down that I told them that they would have to carry out of that house.  "I will not move again!" were my exact words to them.  Oops, that statement turned out to be false.  Can a gypsy ever really put down forever roots?  Now, if I think closely about it, they kinda did carry me out... piece by piece...during our estate sale.  I watched 44 years of travel treasures going to new homes.
 
I have talked about this new journey that we are about to take and it not feeling real to me yet.  It is sorta of dream or plan we talk about but not real.  I do keep moving forward and doing all the things to make our move possible.  I have gotten rid of all our possessions, sold our home, moved into a friends condo (just blocks away from our old house). I am knee deep in getting all our documents collected for our residency.  But, still with all that it just feels like a plan and not real yet.  It is something we are just 'talking' about.
 
Yesterday, I had to drop off a card table and chairs to our old neighbors that lived directly across the street.  I looked across the street to our old house and remembered many great parties we hosted there.  We lived on a great street with 18 other homes and we all got along, how unique is that?  The thing that really caught my eye was the new name sign on the lamp post.  The new owner's name was up and it's now their home.  That seemed to remind me that is journey is really happening and in the very near future.  We are just three weeks away from wheels up.....
 
It's funny how the very little things seem to really matter.  A simple name sign hanging on our old lamp post reminds me of all the changes that are happening in my life...."a sign of change"!
 
Do you take time to notice the small changes in your life?  What are they telling you?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment