Monday, October 8, 2012

New Office Chairs & Desk

One of the top items on our "To Do" list was to find a good chair for the office.  Ed would like a small computer desk and chair in the master bedroom in the sitting area next to the window for his creative spot.  He would like to get back to writing the second draft of his book and had been doing it on the dining room table and not comfortable.  I have claimed the office as my territory and the other guest bedroom is my dressing area....  I'm not sure what I'll do when company arrives.  I'll have to give up my dressing area and move my clothes out the night before.

So, this morning Ed took off by himself to conquer this task of an office chair for me and a desk and chair for him.  Another Expat had given us the name of a street corner where several office stores were located.  He felt sure we would be able to find what we wanted there.  Ed checked out a couple of the stores and found two office chairs and the perfect desk for him.  The store will deliver them later this afternoon. 

Ed got back home right at 1:00pm in order to help interview a young lady as a part time cleaning lady.  I was looking for someone to come in once a week for a couple of hours.  We had gotten Kelly's name from another Expat living across the street and has been using her for some time.  The only problem is that she speaks NO English but she and Ed got everything agreed to and she will start this Friday.  She explained that on her first visit she will need more than two hours and expect more like four hours for that visit.  Her hourly wage is $5.00 and she will do ironing! 

5:45PM the furniture is delivered:

This is Peggy's creative space - the white roses were purchased Saturday at the Mercado

Ed in his new chair at the new writing desk… now maybe he will feel more like finishing the second draft.  

So, now we both can be comfortable while being creative.  The little things make a home.

Peggy


2 comments:

  1. Useful information shared. I am very happy to read this article. Thanks for giving us nice info. Fantastic walk through. I appreciate this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this blog! And this is a great post, thank you for your work

    ReplyDelete